Quantitative Trading Systems — Pricing
The "Buy Now" buttons are on the Home Page
The list price of Quantitative Trading Systems is $49.95.
All prices are in US dollars.
There are discounts available for multiple copies of the same book sent in the same order to the same address within the United States.
- 1 – 2 List Price
- 3 – 5 less 10%, plus shipping
- 6 – 10 less 15%, plus shipping
- 11 – 21 less 20%, plus shipping
- 22 or more in full cases less 30%, plus shipping
All orders must be prepaid, all sales are final, no returns accepted.
Shipping for multiple copies
Most of our shipping is done using US Postal Service.
Because of the way USPS charges for packages of various sizes, weights, and postal classes, it is usually least expensive for each book to be sent in its own package.
If you want to order two books — whether the same title or different titles — delivery within the US or overseas — order each book from its own website.
If you want to order three or more books, contact us by e-mail, telling us how many of which titles you want. We will give you an exact price quotation and special order link.
Shipping to India and other countries where delivery may be a problem
We have had considerable difficulty with delayed deliveries to some
countries, including India.
If you want delivery to one of those areas, the options are:
- Order as usual. We will send an e-mail asking you to confirm that you accept responsibility for delivery.
- Send us an e-mail asking for a quotation for delivery using United Parcel Service. UPS handles the shipment from door to door. Unfortunately, it is expensive. The cost of shipping one book is about US$100, depending on destination.
Several people have asked whether the book will be available through Amazon.
Sorry, but no. And here are some of the reasons:
Publishers who list their books with Amazon must agree to three conditions:
- Amazon pays the publisher 45% of the cover price,
and does not pay it up front but waits until the end of the month
following the month in which the item was sold.
- The publisher must accept returns.
That is, whenever Amazon has too many copies,
or copies that have been returned by their customers,
Amazon returns them to the publisher and immediately claims a credit.
If the books arrive back at the publisher in poor condition and
cannot be resold, that is the publisher's problem.
- The publisher pays for all shipping.
Both to Amazon and for returns.
If Amazon lets its stock run low and needs a rush order,
the publisher pays for priority shipping.
At $49.95, with payment through PayPal from the book's web site, there is a reasonable profit on each book. At $22.48 less shipping costs and returns, the financial return would be negative. The book would need a cover price near $100.00 for Amazon to be attractive.